We've been delivering lifesaving access to safe water in Malawi since 2015.
We’re providing access to safe water with chlorine dispensers throughout eight districts in Malawi: Balaka, Blantyre, Chiradzulu, Machinga, Mangochi, Mwanza, Neno, and Zomba. We have 16,000 chlorine dispensers operating as of July 2023, following a rapid expansion with over 12,000 new dispensers installed in a little over a year. We’re also scaling in-line chlorination across the same districts, plus Phalombe and Ntcheu, expanding safe water access to communities where chlorine dispensers are not an appropriate solution. Currently providing safe water access to 2.8 million people and counting, we’re reaching over 15% of Malawi’s population.
- people with access to safe water
- chlorine dispensers operated and maintained
- in-line chlorination devices installed as of mid 2023
- DALYs averted since 2013
- lives of children under five saved since 2013
- diarrhea cases averted since 2013
Evidence Action collaborates with Malawi’s Ministry of Health and Ministry of Water and Sanitation.