We welcome members of all ages to this Site and its services. While we are not required to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act because of our non-profit status, we strongly encourage visitors under thirteen years old to use our site only with parental consent and supervision.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As with any other site on the Internet, we collect certain information that may identify you personally through your use of this Site.
Payment Information: If you choose to make a donation to Evidence Action, we collect payment information from you, such as credit card numbers and billing addresses. Because payment transactions on the Site are currently outsourced to third party service providers, it is necessary for us to provide access to your payment information to such third parties. In those cases, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these providers do not use or otherwise disclose any information we collect about you except for the purpose of fulfilling their service obligations to us.
Site Use and Access. In order to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site, we also keep track of the actions you take on the Site. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time at the location from where you access our Site) to make the Site easier to use and to protect both you and Evidence Action. These cookies track information about which pages you visit within the Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of the Site or our content.
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting cookies from our Site, you should refer to the Help portion of your browser's toolbar. There you should find instructions on disabling cookies.
Like many other websites, we automatically collect analytical information about your Internet connection that does NOT identify you personally, such as:
· The browser type and operating system you use to access our Site;
· The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
· The date and time you access our Site; and
· The pages you visit.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information that you give us to respond to your questions or inquiries; consider potential improvements to our Site. The following list provides some specific examples of the ways we may use information about you:
- We may use your contact information to occasionally contact you with service-related announcements. You may opt out of all communications except essential Site notifications.
- You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding the services or to request additional information by following the links on the "Contact Us" section of our Site. These links require you to give certain personal information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
We will only disclose your personal information to others without first obtaining your consent in the following circumstances:
- Complying With Law Enforcement. Like any other site, we may be asked to provide personal information about our members in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings and may disclose such information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States.
- Preventing Fraud and Other Illegal Activity. We may also share personal information about our members when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect both ourselves and you from people violating our Terms and Conditions. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Coordinating With Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers. We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to your personal information. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements, such as when you make a payment. We may also share, with our explicit permission, your contact information with charity recommendation sites. Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
We do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual for commercial or marketing purposes.
3. THIRD PARTY LINKS
4. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We only keep minimal information about you, complying fully with PCI standards for online payments. All information you submit is encrypted.
We cannot control the actions of third party organizations. You can reduce the inherent risks associated with online interactions by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us as outlined in the section below.
5. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
· By Email to email@example.com
· By telephone: +1
· By mail: 641 S Street NW, 3rd Floor, Washington DC 20016, United States
6. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY